Exec Producer Of The Cosby Show (Tom Werner) Claims The Legacy of the Cosby show has been tarnished

Exec Producer Of The Cosby Show (Tom Werner) Claims The
Legacy of the Cosby show has been tarnished 
BHR Hollywood Reports...................The Cosby Show" executive producer Tom Werner is well aware of how the classic sitcom has been indirectly affected by the sexual assault allegations stacked up against Bill Cosby.


Tom Werner, whose company Carsey-Werner was behind the sitcom, spoke about the accusations against Cosby in relation to "The Cosby Show" at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Friday.

 "I certainly think that at the moment the show is kind of
tarnished," Werner told reports .

While Werner declined to speak directly on the allegations, the producer expressed his hopes for audiences still looking to enjoy the iconic series.

Tom Werner 
"Obviously it's a challenging time for Bill Cosby and a challenging time for the show," he told The Hollywood Reporter, "but I'm hoping that people will still be able to watch the show and identify with the Huxtables."

Since the allegations resurfaced, "The Cosby Show" has been pulled by multiple networks including Centric, TV Land and Bounce TV.

The producer wouldn't comment directly on the allegations, which include over 40 who women have accused Cosby of sexual assault.

Bill Cosby 
 However, Werner told Reports following the TCA panel for his new Starz series "Survivor's Remorse" that he hopes audiences can still distinguish the accusations from the show itself.

"Obviously it’s a challenging time for Bill Cosby and a challenging time for the show," Werner told Reports "but I’m hoping that people will still be able to watch the show and identify with the
Huxtables."

Werner and his producing partner Marcy Carsey have remained silent on Cosby's allegations since releasing a joint statement last November.
Bill Cosby

“The Bill we know was a brilliant and wonderful collaborator on a show that changed the landscape of television," they said in the statement.

"These recent news reports are beyond our knowledge or comprehension."

Since the allegations garnered attention last year, multiple networks have pulled "Cosby Show" reruns, including Bounce  TV, BET's Centric and TV Land.

 The most recent "Cosby Show" star to speak about the sexual assault accusations was Joseph C. Phillips, who penned an essay on his website last month titled, "Of Course Bill Cosby Is Guilty."

Post a Comment

Popular Posts